Weighing and Electronic Identification
The regular weighing of live animals is vital to increased productivity and farm profitability. Well-informed management decisions come from animal weight data that is easily obtained and accurate. A SmartScale livestock weighing system comprises a set of two weight sensing load bars and a weighing indicator. The Gallagher SmartScale range offers you simplicity, toughness, reliability and innovation. The Gallagher range of superior live animal weighers allows farmers to:
- Measure feed conversion by monitoring weight gain over time to maximize yield.
- Monitor animal health.
- Confirm animal weights prior to mating.
- Determine weaning weights.
- Select animals by weight for sale and slaughter.
- Evaluate breeding performance for genetic selection.
- EID compatible weigh scales now enable individual animal weight managment for improved animal performance.
Electronic Identification (EID)
Electronic Identification (EID) is the application through which individual animals are identified and traced by a unique identifying number stored on an electronic tag.
In addition to the benefits of EID to the Canadian agricultural community through better traceability, improved bio security controls and an ability to identify outbreaks earlier, there are major benefits to the farmer at the farm gate. EID provides the means for farmers to manage the performance of individual animals and to automate or semi-automate many on farm tasks.
To find out how EID can help to improve the efficiency and extract more profits out of your farm.